Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Updated Western USA Road Trip Route & Highlights

I took the time yesterday to plan out a more precise route for the western leg of my USA road trip.  I want to thank everyone that sent me music recommendations, all the songs have been added, and feel free to keep them coming this week because my new route added 500 miles!  Here are the maps and a list of highlights.  I'm leaving Monday morning.


Here's the Google Maps interactive map.


Highlights of what I'll be seeing:

-Hoover Dam
-Grand Canyon
-Monument Valley
-Four Corners 
-Great Plains
-Chimney Rock - NE
-Black Hills - SD - Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore monuments, Deadwood
I've also learned that I'll be in the Black Hills during Bike Week, so I might return on a motorcycle.
-Yellowstone National Park
-Hells Canyon - OR
-Yosemite National Park
-Mojave, Great Basin deserts 

I'm sure they'll be plenty of surprises too.  I'm nervous with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment