Monday, December 30, 2013

My Top Songs of 2013

I compiled the new songs from 2013 that moved me in one way or another.  It turns out that 40 songs belonged on this list.

Click here for the link to Spotify playlist.    


Fitz & the Tantrums - House of Blues 10/28/13


Avicii - Wake Me Up
Best song of 2013.  Not even close.


The rest of the songs are in no particular order.  

Chris Malinchak - So Good to Me
Forgot this one the first time around.

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Great song, great sound.


Capital Cities - Safe and Sound
I saw Capital Cities with Johnny G at the House of Blues on October 28th, the same night the Red Sox beat the Cardinals 3-1 in Game 5 of the World Series.







Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man
Is there anything more interesting than something you can't have?



Drake - Started From the Bottom
"I wear every single chain even when I'm in the house."



Jason Isbell - Flying Over Water
Great song about uncertainty.



Ellie Goulding - Burn
"We don't need to worry 'bout nothing, cause we got the fire."



Atlas Genius - If So
Johnny G and and I saw these guys at The Sinclair in Cambridge the same night the Bruins beat the Blackhawks 2-1 in overtime in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Paille's wrister to the glove side.



Katy Perry - Roar
Katy Perry bouncing around a boxing ring under the Brooklyn Bridge to close out the VMAs?  Yes, please.




Fitz and the Tantrums - 6AM

Fitz told a funny story both times I saw them this year - at the Paradise and House of Blues.



Sir Sly - Gold
This song has grown on me late in '013.



Wale featuring Sam Dew- LoveHate Thing
This song is a gem.



The Mowgli's - The Great Divide
I had tickets to their show at the Paradise but I went to a birthday party instead.



The Naked and the Famous - Hearts Like Ours 
"We're alone but side by side."



Django Django - Default
At the Nashua Apple Store I blasted this song because I wanted to try out a pair of Bose computer speakers and, apparently, it got people's attention because a babe that was working there came over excitedly and chatted me up because she loved this song "soooo much."



Muse - Panic Station
I love Muse.



MS MR - Hurricane
"Nights like this, I become afraid, of the darkness in my heart."



Blake Shelton - Boys Round Here
I cannot forget the country songs I listened to in the summer.



Kenny Chesney - Pirate Flag
 


Rihanna, Mikky Ekko - Stay
I saw Robyn Rihanna Fenty at the Boston Garden and my take away was - people shouldn't be able to move their bodies like that.
2 Chainz, 

Wiz - We Own It
From Fast and Furious 6.  Paul Walker was beautiful.


Robin Thicke, T.I., Pharrell - Blurred Lines
I couldn't help but like this song.  I liked it more after I heard Thicke do an interview on Howard Stern.  Pharrell Williams seemed to have a hand in everything in 2013.


Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel
A song that, at first, I wasn't into, but it grew on me very much.  Bob Dylan was the original writer of the song and it has been covered many times, but Hootie's version was hot in 2013.



Lorde - Team
Royals made a splash, but I like this song a little better.


Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
Crazy like a fox.



Blondfire - Waves
"All that you love can slip through your hand."


Pink, Nate Ruess - Just Give Me a Reason
Best duet of 2013.



Magic Man - Paris
Another song on the back end of '013.



Lil Wayne, Drake, Future - Love Me
Can't deny that I listened to this song hundreds of times.



Phosphorescent - Song for Zula
Chillest song of 2013.


Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
Timberlake is a megastar and it seems that anything he does is awesome.



Parade of Lights - We're The Kids 
"Undiscovered lovers call."


Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky
Although I've been sick of this song for months it was undeniably the smash hit that kicked the summer off and I loved it then.  I guess it just proves that love doesn't last forever.



Mayer Hawthorne - Wine Glass Woman
"All the makeup in the world can't hide the lies"



M83, featuring Suzanne Sundfor - Oblivion
Epic song.  Never saw the movie.



Armin Van Buuren, Trevor Guthrie - This is What is Feels Like
Solid EDM track.



2 Chainz, Pharrell - Feds Watching 
2 Chainz and Pharrell wisely capitalized on one of the biggest scandals of 2013 - how the NSA has basically turned the internet into a tool for spying.  May as well be fresh as hell if the Feds watching.



These last few are coming in heavy from my gym playlist. 

Avenged Sevenfold - Hail to the King
"Iron fist to tame the land"



Volbeat - The Hangman's Body Count
"The wind calls your name, get out of your bed"


Lil Wayne - Gunwalk
Here's an outrageous GTA 5 video fort his song.

No comments:

Post a Comment